Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Save a Tree!

Don’t take business card if you have no intention of calling the person!!! Two weeks ago I attended a major networking event in the Monmouth County area at the Jersey Shore. There were almost 200 people in attendance. Normally I would follow up on everyone I met (i.e. got their business card). But this time I decided to do a little experiment, in line with the ongoing project “What's on your shelf”, and not call but wait to be called….

I have received exactly ZERO calls for the mass of business card I handed out. Why did these “Business” people attend this meeting? I won’t even waste mine or your time trying to come up with excuses. Just let it be know that it is rude and not exactly the best thing for the environment. Admittedly it’s small but multiply this by the number of attendees and multiply it again by the number of events they go to in any given period and it adds up. “Think globally, act locally” comes to mind… Oh yeah… What about follow-up to grow ones business????

Is it me? Am I crazy? Or am I missing something about conducting business?

On a more pleasant note: Those interested in GROWING THEIR ONLINE BUSINESS should attend the next free seminar at the Manchester Inn in Ocean Grove, Friday February 26th from 1 to 4pm. Clark Cate, the owner of the Manchester Inn, will be one of the speakers and sharing some of his online Guerrilla Marketing tips he’s used for the Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment