Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Kamas in Business?

First off, what the hell is a Kama? Before being improvised as a weapon, the Kama was widely used throughout Asia to cut crops, mostly rice. It is found in many shapes and forms in Asia and is particularly common in martial arts. We use them in Tae Kwon Do and I have trained with them.

Like one of my earlier posts about Nunchucks the Kama was a tool that the farmers had handy and used to help defend themselves. Business owners have a tool at their disposal that a lot have refused to use for a number of reasons. This tool is LinkedIn. My profile can we viewed at Richard M.J. Jarosz on LinkedIn. This is a lot like a resume online. Not only are my current but all my past positions as well.

The two best parts are the Recommendations and Connections sections. I can ask for recommendations from my previous managers and associates. I even have a recommendation from my first boss! The Connections sections not only tells you how many constants you have directly connected to you but you can also search others contacts. If you are looking for someone specific in your network (up to three levels away) you can find out how you are connected and use that info to contact that person! A great tool for target marketing!

But alas just like the farmer implement unless you use it properly it just remains a farm implement and nothing more... So is your LinkedIn a tool sitting on the shelf or a weapon of mass money making potential?

Use it well grasshopper.
Richard M.J. Jarosz
Lone Keep Internet, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment