Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Nunchucks in Business?

The popular belief is that nunchucks were originally a short Southeast Asian flail used to thresh rice or soybeans (that is, separate the grain from the husk). It is possible that it was developed in response to the moratorium on edged weaponry. In other words it was a tool that was developed to overcome a bad situation using the only resources available.

In today's business there are a lot of nunchucks out there for business owners to use. But just like the nunchucks used in martial arts you need training and practice to use them effectively.

Let's take one tool for example, Linked In. A business associate of mine, who is about to retire, has been trying for the last several months to place a recommendation on my profile. He has managed to send me nothing but emails each time. He says he can't be bothered by this new stuff. I'm just glad his life does not depend on it like those poor rice farmers of old!

A potential client heard me speak about this same exact subject yesterday at my BNI meeting in Belmar, NJ. After the meeting he asked me if I could spare some time to show him how to get started with Linked In. Ahhh! Grasshopper..... Someone got it!

Remember: The right tool for the right job!
Richard M.J. Jarosz
Lone Keep Internet, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment