Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Personal Branding

As members and visitors to my BNI meetings (Shore Money) have noticed the last couple of weeks my 60 sec commercials have been out of the ordinary. This has been by design. Next week I will be one of the featured speakers. The small intros have all been leading up to that speech.

Several members and one guest have asked about the 60sec commercials also know as your elevator sales pitch. It you speak with people or in front of an audience and no one asks any follow up questions... One of two things my be happening.

One, your message was not clear. Second, your brand my not be established.

What I mean about that is... What are you selling? Your company/product or yourself. Real simple example: Old Navy or even Polo. Why pay the price for these shirts with their logo on them instead of buying a generic shirt for less and no name on it?

Not to get into a brand vs generic debate, but just think about it next time you tell people your and Insurance Agent or Mortgage Broker. What are you selling?

Richard M.J. Jarosz
Lone Keep Internet, Inc.

PS Sign up for my presentation on Branding and selling Worldwide

No comments:

Post a Comment